Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Don't let this one get away

Please take a moment tonight and contact CBS (just scroll down to "Feedback") to ask them to renew Joan of Arcadia. My mom and I love this show -- one of the few that actually explores issues and relationships with real depth, heart, and humor, and acknowledges that the divine just might have a role to play in our world. In particular, they've brought a refreshingly mature attitude (and I mean really mature, not "mature" as in supposedly "mature films") to the subject of teen sexuality. Not easy to do, as anyone could testify who's witnessed Smallville's remarkably ham-handed approach to the topic this season (and I say that as one who loves Smallville). Too many good shows get canceled early -- let's see if we can help this one survive.

Speaking of my mother, I was going through some old posts the other day and noticed that I completely forgot to mention her birthday, which was the same month as my sister's. (I did celebrate it with her, I just forgot to blog about it!) A very belated but very sincere "happy birthday" to The Blog Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home