Saturday, January 15, 2005

Go Sasha!!

Well, I did promise an "anything goes" blog, didn't I? So first P. G. Wodehouse, now ladies' figure skating. I'll have to think of something profound to write about pretty soon. But tonight all my energy goes to rooting for my girl Sasha Cohen to stop the Kwan juggernaut and win her first national title. (Not that I don't like Michelle -- I do, very much -- it's just that, as one Internet fan put it, nationals has gone from a competition to a coronation the last few years, and it's getting a wee bit old.)

Ah, yes, it's time once again for the shakes, the nervous stomach, and all the rest. Remind me again why I watch this sport?

While we're on the subject of skating, if anyone's reading this, please say a prayer for a young woman who just lost her mother in a tragic accident. God bless you, Angela.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home