Friday, March 18, 2005

Grab bag

-- There's a lot of information here, and it's a little hard to sort out. But the main point appears to be that the fight for Terri goes on, even though the two houses of Congress apparently failed to reach consensus before their Easter break. Andrew McCarthy puts it nicely: "Easter, of course, is the day we mark because the Savior of the World, without even taking a recess, sacrificed Himself to redeem us. I hope our congress enjoys their recess."

-- NRO, by the way, has the most informative piece I've seen yet on the medical side of the story. Even if you're familiar with the Schiavo case, this is a must-read.

-- And in related news, The Blog Dad contributes this deeply disturbing piece. Apparently, if you live in Texas, you don't get to decide whether your child gets hospital care or not.

But the kicker is the last line: They didn't want to treat him, but they're "deeply saddened" he died.

I'm lost for words. Which is perhaps just as well, because I have a feeling any words I could come up with for these jerks wouldn't fit on a PG-rated blog.

-- Now that I've got myself worked up, time for a change of pace: this new piece from my old friend and former colleague Laurel Robinson. "In times when prudence says, 'be quiet,' your silence can be a statement to God, yourself, and even others that you believe God is really in control and will work things out the way HE wants them. It is an act of faith." Lord knows I need to be reminded of that fairly frequently. Nice work, Laurel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home