Friday, June 10, 2005

Gasp!

Mr. Lileks! You don't SERIOUSLY believe that all modern-day Sinatra fans are in it for the Mob Cool thing, do you? I did not expect such a narrow view from you, my columnistic (is that a word?) idol.

Listen, I'm not into the Sopranos at all -- and I don't particularly care for Kennedys, either. Mafia ties are something to mourn, not celebrate. Sinatra's not about that -- for me, or my best friend who introduced me to him (figuratively, of course), or for a whole host of other fans. He's about putting that CD into the player and getting carried away by the voice and the swing and the fun and the emotion and all the rest of it.

Badly put, Mr. Lileks.

However. I could forgive you pretty much anything for this gem of a review of Star Wars. "WAR! The crawl begins, helpfully noting that 'Evil is everywhere.' Yes, well, that'll happen."

And it just gets better from there. As with all the best Lileks writings, there's a magic to the way you put words together.

Kind of like the way Sinatra puts notes together.

If you'll forgive me for saying so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home