Saturday, March 19, 2005

The fight goes on

Key quote: "She can breathe on her own, but has relied on the feeding and hydration tube to keep her alive."

Translation: She needs food and water to live. Like, oh, about, six billion or so of the other inhabitants of the planet.

I hope people understand this. There was a poll online yesterday (I'll dig it up later when I have time) that was blatantly dishonest in its wording about taking her off "life support." Results were about as skewed as you'd expect.

And, on a more personal level, I talked last night with two ladies at my church who hadn't followed the case at all and were surprised by what I told them. That was what really got me. We're a church -- we need to know these things. I will say my church is really good at keeping people informed on current events, but this is one story that really rates at least one mention from the pulpit or in the bulletin -- at the very least as a prayer request -- and it hasn't had one yet.

Anyway, it sounds like the congressional Republicans haven't given up yet. Keep it up, guys! I have moments when the Republican party drives me up the wall -- doesn't everyone? -- but certain members of it are really doing themselves proud on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home