Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The future of elections?

Interesting phenomenon in one No. Va. household at least. My parents spent the evening glued to the TV; I spent it glued to the Internet. I found the company of the bloggers far more congenial than that of the talking heads, even those on the network (you know, the evil one) that I like best. Everyone bought into some wildly inaccurate exit polls, but the bloggers less than the TV commentators. The bloggers, in fact, were very, VERY eloquent on the subject of exit polling (someone on NRO, I think, predicted this would be a "dagger in the heart" of the practice. Not so fast, I'd say. The CBS memos were supposed to be a dagger in the heart of Dan Rather).

Anyway, just from my own personal experience, the home of the new media is not a bad place to spend election night. Will have to look for whatever numbers are out there about how many people have spent it the same way.

I'm about to drop, but may stay up a little longer just to see what happens in Ohio . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home